Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Perfect Gift

I recently had a birthday and Debra was at a loss as to what to get me.  Not that I have high expectations and required anything special, but it was a milestone birthday and I had repeatedly hinted that my gift had better be good!

So poor Debra worried and debated and shopped for the perfect gift.  Granted the worrying and debating only lasted 30 minutes and the shopping was an online search….key words “perfect gift.” The only “perfect gift” that came back were flowers.  She didn’t want to spend eighty bucks to give me flowers that would die within a week.

And then it came to her.  “I’ll make her something”.  An idea was born!

Unbeknownst to me she scoured the county in search of weathered wood.  Actually, she found an old falling down barn just down the street but she would have scoured if need be. 

Then she began designing “The Perfect Gift.”.  Part of the perfect gift required a photo that captured a LAFF moment.    Needless to say, we have plenty of those but the perfect photo for this occasion was one taken from the DOG BITE INCIDENT.  I know you are thinking what is the dog bit incident.  Stay tuned, that is a whole 'nother story and I promise it will be in the next blog. 

So the Big Day came and it was time to present The Gift.  With trembling hands I gingerly opened the package…ok I tore through the bag and then there it was…and it was perfect.  Debra had made a one of a kind totally unique picture frame that had our logo.  And on it was the very special picture of us with our bandaged hands smiling ear to ear.

That gift meant to everything to me.  It showed thoughtfulness, caring, a desire to share something special, and most of all, I was the only one on the entire planet that had one like it.

From this gesture came the idea that we should share this gift.  We wanted to create an opportunity for others to create their own perfect gift.  The idea of custom frames became part of our LAFF gift line.   I hope your friends and family will enjoy the Perfect Gift as much as I do.  

LAFF, in spite of everything!
Karen

1 comment:

  1. VERY COOL!!! you are 2 fabulously creative women!

    From your "older" friend, KBJ

    ReplyDelete