Friday, June 17, 2011

Mixing Business and Pleasure while LAFFing

Hi all!  Debra (the formerly silent partner) here.  You may already know this, but I'm an avid golfer.  I LOVE to play golf and I love to play in tournaments.  This week, I got to play in the Georgia State Women's Match Play Championship at Sunset Hills Country Club in Carrollton, Georgia.  This tournament draws some of the best golfers in the state.  We play an 18-hole stroke play qualifying round, then they form the bracket for the match play based on how well you play in the qualifier.  The player with the lowest score in the bracket plays the player with the highest score.  The player with the second lowest score plays the player with the second highest score, etc. etc.  I had the third highest score in the championship bracket.

So!  My first match was against Laura Coble, who had the third lowest score.  For those of you who follow women's amateur golf in Georgia, you'll recognize the name.  Laura has won the state match play championship at least eight times, she has been the Georgia Women's Amateur player of the year about a hundred times, and she has qualified for so many USGA tournaments, I've lost track.  Suffice it to say, she's a really, really, really good golfer!  
Debra and Laura Coble, sporting her Pink LAFF Hat!
What you may not know is that Laura is also the top sales representative for Bottom Line Products (www.bottomlineproducts.com) and her company is providing us with all of our products for www.lifesaflipflop.com!  So, I'm playing golf with the best golfer in the state who also happens to be our business partner!

Okay, let's talk about the real bottom line.  Did I mention Laura is a REALLY good golfer?  She birdied the first hole of our match and never looked back.  I actually played pretty good (if you think 39 on the front is pretty good), but I couldn't match her three birdies, no bogeys, six pars and score of 32 on the front.  I was seven down when we made the turn.

It only took two more holes for the match to end with Laura the overwhelming winner, at 9&7.  It was tough loss for me, but, you know what?  I was LAFFing in spite of losing to Laura.  Laura is a gracious competitor and the integrity she shows on the golf course is exactly the same integrity she shows as a business partner.  We feel so lucky to have Laura Coble and the team at Bottom Line Products as our business partner because we know we are getting quality products that are delivered on time, every time.  And it makes us confident that we can deliver the same high quality products to our customers.  Thanks to them we can bring great products to you!

Update!  Laura won her next three matches and is playing in the Match Play Finals today....good luck, Laura!

If you're looking for me, you'll find me on the practice range, LAFFing in spite of everything!
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment